Thread: Computers Router isssues
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2024, 11:40 AM   #4
The Demon Preacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
It is current.
If it is current the only other thing I can think of before your router being bad is that you are having dropped connections from the modem to the router causing it to have to reassign IP addresses as it makes the connection again causing you to lose internet.

This could be either issues with the connection from your ISP or something as simple as a bad ethernet cord.

I would do the following troubleshooting steps before spending money on a new router (note... I worked as a supervisor in tech support for an ISP in one of my past lives):

1 - If you have a different/backup/old router you can press back into service... do so and see if you continue having drops.

2 - Call the ISP and (some can and some cant) see what your current uptime on the modem is and if it matches the last time you power cycled the thing. I used to be able to see things like signal strength and used that determine what the issue might be.

3 - Swap out ethernet cables and see what happens.

4 - If modem is good, old router works, ethernet cables are good and properly seated... time for a new router. Which sucks because Asus used to be a top tier brand but I also just had an expensive Asus router take a shit on me 3 months past warranty.
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.