Thread: Video Games Wallcrawler Review: Dying Light 2
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2022, 02:06 AM   #10
WhatUneed2Hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler View Post
It gets dinged pretty hard with some of the bugs. Todd Howard at Bethesda probably went through an entire bottle of jergens with this one.

As frustrating as they are though, it's more being angry that it stopped me from playing and I can't wait to get the reboot over with and load back in so I can keep playing, rather than something that would make me stop playing.

It's a testament to just how fun the game really is. Yeah a lot of the enemies look the same, yes, some interiors and rooftop assets are identical. It just doesn't matter. It's ****ing fun.

We have to keep in mind that Techland is essentially by letter of the law, an indie company.

They worked on this thing for 7 years, and the Easter eggs, ( Doom Shotgun with 1993 shells, and Pixelated first DOOM level, Darth Vader Force Choke, Master Sword from LoZ, Flyable Quidditch Broom from Harry Potter, Super Mario triple jump shoes) and letters to fans and other developers involved with their Easter eggs, show that they really care about the work they are doing and are big fans of gaming like we are.

It's a shame it's currently also getting review brigaded because of a lack of Italian translation of all things.

If you can look past some bugs that are sure to be eventually ironed out, and if you're a gameplay first gamer, there's a lot of fun to be had here.

Nitpickers will struggle with this game.
Techland also has some amazing post launch support as indicated by Dying Light the original. Well worth the $ if you're into this kind of thing. I'm amazed at how many voice lines and such are in the game.
Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote