Thread: Pro Day Updates
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 09:07 PM   #82
MVP

There's also a reason many of these 2nd to 4th round names at tackle aren't 1st round players. They need time to develop and that's to say if they ever do develop into starters.

The Chiefs don't exactly have the luxury at this point to just wait around a couple of years for some of these guys to become decent players. They need a LT now. It was an entirely different thing before Eric Fisher got hurt, where you thought you had another year to get a guy and get him ready. Same goes for signing a solid FA.

Well, Fisher isn't here and the FA class is gone. You pretty well have an often injured guy in Okung that is available and little else.

KC either needs to pony up and trade for a starter, and that pool is slim, or they need to go into the draft and get one. Doing that means moving up and grabbing one and that's going to cost something of significance.

Moving up to say, 18, and grabbing Cosmi is going to cost you a 2nd and 4th at a minimum. Cosmi isn't lasting until 31. None of the guys that can step in and play this year are lasting until 31. Too many teams out there with needs at the position.

I don't like it as much as anybody else. I wish I were here pounding the table for Joe Tryon or Greg Newsome. Instead, I'm here championing for Veach to trade up for a left tackle. That's not exciting and I sure wish it weren't necessary, but I simply see absolutely no way around it. And to wait until 63, or even for a trade up in the 2nd is not only foolish but highly unlikely.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.