Thread: 2/9 Mock
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 02:19 PM   #10
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargem View Post
Definitely would have liked to add some speed/coverage at LB, but the whole premise of the mock hamstrung me a bit from moves I wanted to make - basically had to get a DT and a DE in the draft to have nine defensive linemen and that ate up the slot where I would have wanted a LB.

Not really, worse case your starting 3 corners would be Ward Poole and Fenton, and you would also play a lot of 3 safety sets if somehow you weren't comfortable with either rookie - I double barreled it specifically because that way I think you could be pretty happy at least one of them could start from day 1 or at least get significant snaps from very early in the season.

Rankin and Senat would be my swing tackles - Cam was literally garbage at least they would be cheap garbage at worst.

"What I think the Chiefs will do" mocks are sort of boring, especially with the current cap situation. I think you are right though, LDT and Jones stay and the Chiefs make very minimal moves in free agency, no Olinemen signings, bring back one of their 2 free agent corners and maybe Ogbah is the most likely situation. It's already been mocked here pretty extensively I think.
Two of your top three picks are cornerbacks.

If we're going to continue to be hyper competitive after Mahomes gets paid we gotta have value from our top draft picks in every draft.

It's not enough to say "it's ok if those corners don't live up to expectations, because we can throw other guys out there". That argument actually defeats the logic for taking two corners that highly in the draft.
ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.