Thread: 2/9 Mock
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 12:29 PM   #8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
Absolutely — need a guy who can really run. Defending teams like SF would be so much easier if you had that sideline to sideline speed that makes up for errors.

I know they like Hitchens and have much invested, but they need to bring in someone who can take his job in nickel sets next season at some point. Wilson is obviously a good fit in there and the superior player.

Strange to me that we ended up overpaying one LB from Dallas and underpaying another in the matter of 2 seasons.
Definitely would have liked to add some speed/coverage at LB, but the whole premise of the mock hamstrung me a bit from moves I wanted to make - basically had to get a DT and a DE in the draft to have nine defensive linemen and that ate up the slot where I would have wanted a LB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan View Post
Putting a lot of trust in two rookie corner backs...
Not really, worse case your starting 3 corners would be Ward Poole and Fenton, and you would also play a lot of 3 safety sets if somehow you weren't comfortable with either rookie - I double barreled it specifically because that way I think you could be pretty happy at least one of them could start from day 1 or at least get significant snaps from very early in the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
I appreciate your time and work here. However I don't think the Chiefs are going to cut their only backup T. I don't think they are going to cut LDT. I don't think they will pay a little over $11M per for a G. I don't think Pennel can be had for that cheap. I hope they don't sign Olsen. I hope they resign Ragland but it will take more than a 1 year $1M deal. I hope they sign Ogbah. He was really looking dominant until the injury. We should be able to get him for a cheap 1 year deal.
I think we keep Chris Jones.
Rankin and Senat would be my swing tackles - Cam was literally garbage at least they would be cheap garbage at worst.

"What I think the Chiefs will do" mocks are sort of boring, especially with the current cap situation. I think you are right though, LDT and Jones stay and the Chiefs make very minimal moves in free agency, no Olinemen signings, bring back one of their 2 free agent corners and maybe Ogbah is the most likely situation. It's already been mocked here pretty extensively I think.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli