Thread: Home and Auto EV Cars/Trucks
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2022, 08:08 PM   #21
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe View Post
I'm not sure which number you're referencing (30 vs 50 amps), but even 30 would be massively inefficient for a modern AC. For instance I just went & looked, the 4 ton unit at my work's minimum circuit ampacity is 16.7. The unit probably actually draws less than 15. That's a 20 year old 4 ton unit (the biggest residential unit is 5 tons) hardly the most efficient thing you'll find now days.

So you could basically run two 4 ton AC's for what you use to charge your car, now if you're wife wants one to that's 4 AC's & god forbid you get the 50 amp version, no the two of you are using the equivalent of like 6 AC units just to charge your cars.

Also adding 2 cars at 50 amps a piece is a massive electrical upgrade. Most people with gas appliances have 100 Amp service running their entire house.
Eh I don't know. Like I said, I know nothing and didn't stay at a Holiday Inn, but my stove requires a 50 amp breaker, and both this house and the last one I had both had 50 amp service to the stove. So IDK what my total service is, but it's probably higher than 100.

But yeah, if you have to get new circuit runs through a finished house (if some dumbtard doesn't put the breaker in the garage), or God forbid have to run new copper to the pole, that's tougher.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.