View Single Post
Old 11-08-2021, 08:52 AM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
I was going to wait on this a few days, but under the circumstances, I decided to post this up now. Wes, AKA Hondo passed away late Saturday night. He was like a brother and this one hits pretty hard.
I had a nice talk with his sister yesterday about everything. He was one tough guy and he hung in there for several months longer than the doctor's claimed was possible.

We shared a lot of shooting, beer's ATV rides, and a love of the Chiefs over the years. He was the kind of guy that if he liked you, he would give you the shirt off his back. (In this case literally, I learned he left me all his Chiefs gear) Hondo was the kind of guy to put everyone else first.

I'll have to double check the area for snow level. I'd like to take one last wheeling trip up Bridger Creek this year, dodge the grizzly's that are out trying to get their last meal and stash a bottle of Pendleton at a place on top of the mountain where we used to stop and just BS. I will hoist a shot to the heavens, say a few words and toast him, every time I head up there.

I'll post more stories along with some pictures in the the thread as it moves along.

RIP my brother, you were one of a kind and you will be deeply missed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
I will say he was one of the truly 'genuine' humans I'd ever met. I was around him long enough to realize that's his natural 'personality' - truly heartbreaking news. I'm glad he's not suffering now, though.

RIP Wes <3
Can't say it better than Bwana and SR. Hondo was a truly great guy, I really enjoyed spending time with him.

RIP.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote