View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 06:39 PM   #44
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayzkirk View Post
Maybe the fairly recent success of the team is making this harder for me to accept; after the 1994 strike, I lost all interest in the Royals and baseball as the large market teams dominated. 2014 & 15 got my interest back when the Royals made some, IMO once in a lifetime, deals that helped them get to the World Series twice in a row. The scheduling was fortunate as well because they didn't face the Red Sox or Yankees in either post season.

I understand that the two pitchers I mentioned aren't making much money yet they are taking spots on the roster. I'm not a fan of the manager and what I don't understand is: if the Royals are rebuilding and want to get young players MLB experience, why even bother with older players unless it's to be a mentor in the clubhouse.

It's like reliving the late 80s, 90s, 00s, again. Or the 70s & 80s Chiefs (although the 90s were tougher because the teams were competitive and always found a way to lose).

I don't want to go back to not caring about them.
May of 2013. The Royals had a 12 game losing streak and were sitting at something like 23-33. They would then go on to have the best record in baseball through the 2016 ASB.

This team is somewhere in the middle of the 2012 and 2013 teams. It’s worth keeping an eye on, but it’s likely going to be a year before we’re making noise in September (like in 2013).

Last edited by Chiefspants; 05-09-2021 at 07:17 PM..
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote