View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 11:09 AM   #648
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan View Post
That's short-sighted. There's no extra value to Soler playing RF everyday. It's not like he's an amazing outfielder. There IS value in seeing if they can find a way to keep him healthy and have him contribute to the offensive production of a future Royals team. They're determining the pieces they can count on to contribute when the likes of Pratto, Melendez, Lee, Kower, Lynch etc. arrive.
I don't think it's short-sighted; I'm unconcerned with the 'now' entirely.

I'm just saying I think treating any 'everyday' player with kid gloves on a last place team is pointless. If you have to do that NOW, how is he going to be a dependable cog on a play-off team in a couple of years? I'd rather play him everyday, see if the injury bug was just random bad luck or if he's made of glass. If he is, move on. We have other 'maybe' players we need to look at as well.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.