View Single Post
Old 09-08-2022, 03:45 PM   #119
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
I went to a GI dr. Today to get a colonoscopy in October. No issues but they say to get one when you turn or are past 50.

Besides the flushing part, All I’ve heard was the benefits of knowing something bad is going on years in advance so you can deal with it before it’s cancer etc.
The ACS actually recommends them even at 45 these days.. Apparently colon cancer is becoming more common among "younger" people (though we aren't sure why). It actually got a friend of mine a couple of years ago. And there are also hereditary risk factors, so if you have a family member who has had pre-cancerous polyps removed, you should bump the date even earlier.

I'm on the "frequent customer" program these days. I had a colonoscopy at 38 due to some other GI issues, and they found a couple of pre-cancerous polyps. Thankfully, my brother (age 48) did one a while after and was fine.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote