View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 10:24 AM   #45
Live free or die hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
A 33 is a D. Below that is an F. Yes, 33% is a D. The theory is kids should get some credit for their work. It is basically an miracle if someone fails.
There is more to it than what I can type, but if you fail, you are a complete idiot. I had a kid that did NO WORK and gets an IB grade of 1. Not a zero
That's insane! Grades 1 thru 12 in my schools anything below a 70% was an a failure. College profs all had their own standards from department to department but the STEM departments were all anything below 60% was a failure and I was surprised by those standards.

33% passing is a scary precedent to set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
More. A lot more and vindictive more. Girls are the worst. They do not know how to handle disagreements and PARENTS ENCOURAGE IT. We have had more girl fights the last 5 years than boy fights.

Boys are now punished for being male and have become emasculated video game playing blobs.

I was hit by a 7th grade girl this year. If I had not intervened, the other girl would have been in the hospital. Interactions between students and teachers are sky high all over the place.
Times are a changing! I think I witnessed exactly one girl fight in 12 years of standard school. Girls just used to scar each other emotionally until one of them developed a eating disorder and guys beat the piss out of each other eventually.

The more I hear from teachers the more I'm glad I never considered the field.

Good luck, brother!
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.