Thread: Movies and TV Star Wars: The Mandalorian
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2019, 04:24 PM   #227
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
HBO spent $10-12 million per episode on GoT.

Disney spent $15 million per episode on The Mandalorian Season 1 and from my understanding, they're spending $20 million per episode on Season 2.

Amazon spent $250 million just for the rights to the LOTR prequel series and they're spending approximately $150 million per season, which is not far off from The Mandalorian.

Sure, they could have spent more money per episode but to what end? Visually, this series is on par with Rogue One and Episodes VII and VIII, meaning it's the best of the best in terms of VFX.

I may be in the minority but so far, I haven't felt like the episodes needed to be longer in order to tell each story. Longer episodes for the sole purpose of longer episodes doesn't make much sense unless the story or narrative calls for additional time.

I'd prefer more "Chapters" as opposed to longer episodes. 12-15 Chapters per season clocking in at 35-40 minutes would be ideal, IMO.

Maybe they'll get there at some point.
I didn’t want more money for VFX. As others mentioned, Great decsions on going with baby Yoda puppet and real costumes, not CGI. I don’t know what’s cannon and what’s legend that in depth to catch everything. Just wanted more shooting episode time. Chance to flesh out some background on these charectors that I don’t know like you guys.

It’s getting better with each episode. They are hitting almost every note to give the fans some Star Wars universe stories they actually care about.

Now, get me my god damn Darth Vader movie.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote