Thread: Books Arkansas' or Arkansas's
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 09:05 AM   #21
Kind of a mod

Copying these from the other thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
Arkansas' or Arkansas's are both correct.

The pronunciation would be ARK AN SAWS or ARK AN SAW ZIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I think this is why I like having no second s at the end. It's easier to pronounce Arkan-saws than to add an extra syllable.
As I think about this more fully, the confusion definitely stems from the silent S at the end of Arkansas (ARK AN SAW). Though I'm in the obvious minority based on the poll, the most accurate option by the "rules" would be "Arkansas's" (with a caveat that the English language is riddled with broken rules), but since the S is silent, the possessive would be pronounced ARK AN SAWS even though it's spelled that way. So either way, that's the correct pronunciation, and it's just a matter of how it's written out.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.