Thread: Movies and TV Star Wars: The Mandalorian
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2019, 09:15 AM   #159
MY LITTLE #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy View Post
The feminists are coming for the Madalorian:

https://www.insider.com/the-mandalor...Q88GGCq4jdU3NA
I went through and read just a piece of this. Sounds like fans of the show overreacted to her initial tweet following the first episode. Of course, she then responds to that overreaction, and now it's a big feminist thing. I don't think it would have been as big of a thing if people hadn't responded to her the way they did.

That said, my bit on feminism is that, in the 60's and 70's, feminism was about liberation. Nowadays, it seems to be women playing the victim card. Are there areas that need improvement? Sure. Is there still male chauvinism? Sure. Society's not perfect. Fight the fight when it needs to be fought. I just don't think it needs to be fought over something that you can simply turn off if you don't want to watch it.

All that said, going back to her initial tweet, I thought the Mandalorian making the armor was a woman.
luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.