View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 04:40 PM   #15338
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUTO View Post
I'm going to also say that my local out in the sticks butcher is where I get all my sausage and brats. He keeps a great selection. Bologna and hot dogs too.

I smoked some pineapple brats yesterday from him in fact. They were great
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I've hated sharp cheeses my entire life. I've finally started to slowly come around on simple sharp cheddar as I've cooked with it more.

But I've taken hell for years from people who bring these zillion dollar fancy cheeses to a party and I'll pass on that shit like it's cheeze-whiz. Gimme cojack or something over that hard-rind shit that tastes like moldy almonds.

I take similar grief for expensive dry-aged steaks. Just not my bag. I had a 60 day dry aged ribeye once at Anne Gunns and I could smell it as they cooked it. Took one bite, put it in a box to give to my wife for lunch and ordered a plate of chicken wings. Rich for the sake of being rich just makes it lousy. Gimme a 21 day wet age every time.
LOL

I’ve never done the dry age stuff.

I did go down the cheese road pretty hard one time. When my wife was pregnant with our daughter she was all about cheese. So I took it as an opportunity to expand my pallet some regarding cheese. And we bought a bunch of different kinds of cheese and gave them a whirl.

I’ve been a sharp cheddar guy for a long time, but otherwise I’ve had a similar experience to you. I will note that a higher quality cheese of the same type (eg Sargento Sharp Cheddar be Kroger Sharp Cheddar) carries a substantial improvement. But yeah. When you carve up this cheese that you really feel like you should eat because your dropped absurd coin on it, yeah. I’m with you.

I guess maybe The exception would be I’ve had some bleu cheese in restaurants that was really good. But I couldn’t get there on my one and the kid was born and the cheese thing ended so I never got there.

Im stride for stride with you, bro
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.