View Single Post
Old 11-17-2002, 09:36 PM   #97
oxymoron

Quote:
Originally posted by HeadArrow

So.. Let ChiefsPride have his day. The bashers have certainly had theirs when Green didn't deserve it.
This ain't about ChiefsPride 'having his day'. A lot of the shit he's dished-out in the last 24 hours has been directed at me, and I'm not even a Green basher. I just happen to have the audacity to (gasp) say that I'm not particularly happy with the way that Green has played, and that includes today's game, where his two great runs cover up the fact that he was ineffective and inefficient yet again throwing the ball, which is his job.

That's not bashing, that's stating facts...

When I say Green hasn't completed more than 60% of his passes in any of the last five games, that's a fact.

When I say Green is averaging less than 200 yards passing in each of the last five games, that's a fact.

When I say that Green has a 1:1 TD/INT ratio in the last five games, that's a fact.

When I say that Green is averaging less than 1 TD pass in the last five games, that's a fact.

And when I say that the offense, as a whole, is averaging under 17 points/game in the last three games, that's a fact, too.

Do I expect more from Green?

Yes.

Do I believe we NEED more from Green if we want to finish over .500?

Absolutely.

Am I bashing Green?

Hell no. I never have, and I never will.

I'm doing the same thing I do to those guys on defense: giving a frank opinion on the way they've played. When they play well, I say it. When they don't, I say that, too. Ditto for Green. And ditto for anyone else on the team.

And today, Trent Green saved an utterly unforgettable performance at quarterback by making two HUGE key runs that won the game for us every bit as much as Warfield's INT.

That's what makes me 'not a true fan' in ChiefsPride's eyes.

fuck me, 'cause voicing my opinion -- not to mention voicing FACTS -- means I'm not a true believer...
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.