View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 04:48 PM   #78
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Oh, and not only did he change our defense overnight without saddling our cap. He did this while eating a shitload of dead money by outright getting rid of Houston, berry, and Ford contracts. Veach could have committed career suicide by throwing $20m in dead money at these guys. If veach didn't win a super bowl in 2 years, can you imagine how many chiefs fans would have destroyed him for wasting our window? That was a ballsy move. Not only did he make it work, taking their contracts off the books was huge in allowing us to sign mahomes and Jones.
Was it?

I mean Houston and Berry were absolute no-brainers. And few had a problem with moving on from Ford (most were upset only with the return).

Again, we're circling back to the 'giving him credit for pretty routine stuff' complaint I have here.

NOBODY thought Houston at $20 million was a good decision. And the moment Berry elected not to get the surgery and the Chiefs had an open path to getting around his injury guarantees, everyone saw that as an open and shut case.

Now the combination of the Ford and Clark deals it TOTAL - that's a ballsy move. Look at it from that perspective and you're right. That's an incredibly aggressive decision from Veach and in the end, we won a SB so he deserves that credit. Being willing to essentially move Ford and a 1st rounder for Clark and then paying a premium for Clark over Ford....that's putting his dick on the table a bit.

I'm not saying give him no credit. I'm saying give him an appropriate amount and I think in some ways we're overdoing it. The hard part is yet to come. We're staring straight down the barrel of 'the disease of more' as Parcells put it. That's gonna be the true trial by fire for our boy.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.