Thread: 1st round pick
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2021, 10:58 AM   #15
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
The issue is DE's are expensive and usually go early in teh draft.

If they could get off Clark and had that money, would you look at trading your first for an established one?
No.

They can cut Clark and still not have as much money as they'll need next season to have the necessary quality roster depth. At best you could make that move and then lose Mathieu in the exchange while still fielding decent depth.

So would I trade a 1st rounder and Mathieu for a veteran DE? Nope. And like I said, that's probably your best case scenario.

They've gotta start holding some of these high picks and they've gotta hit better than CEH has. They've traded away 3 first round picks in the last 5 years and I just think they're out of runway on that approach.

They're typically a quality drafting team - so use that strength and get yourself some cost-controlled youth on this roster. We're ever so quietly getting a little long in the tooth in some key positions so we've gotta address that.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.