View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 06:17 PM   #237
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
That many mirrors in the bathroom is a bit.... unsettling.

Maybe the most bang for the buck so far though.

I guess the owner needs to review all angles of him/herself for maximum grooming.

I'm thinking, though, that this house might be a trap. I was worried about required country club memberships and didn't see it in the description, plus it's got a pretty high monthly HOA fee of $895. So I figured that it wasn't one of those properties. But looking a little more closely, it seems to be in a development that's linked to a country club.

The fees are extortionary. This is from a five year old article, so I suspect now you'd have to pay $55,000 up front and then another $12,000 a year in fees. And that's on top of the $895 monthly HOA fee. It's a direct requirement to own the house.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/articl...per%20quarter.

New homeowners must pay a non-refundable $10,000 initiation fee and purchase an equity stake in the club, which currently costs $41,450. The equity stake increases in price by $850 a year, but residents who sell their homes get back 70 percent of the going rate for the equity stake at the time they sell the property.

Residents also must pay yearly for one of three levels of membership: the golf membership, which costs $10,665; the tennis membership ($9,181) or the social membership ($8,439). Each neighborhood association charges its own fees, which range from about $1,200 to $2,000 per quarter. On a monthly basis, residents pay $221 to the club to cover the cost of common area upkeep and of renovations.

So it's a great house and seems like a screaming deal. But I think it's a screaming deal because the developer is pulling a ton of money out of you every year beyond the purchase price, and that drives down the home value. I think I'd need to find a different place in Delray Beach.

Last edited by Rain Man; 07-23-2020 at 07:25 PM..
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.