View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 12:56 AM   #147
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabblerouser View Post
I don't know how 'underrated' it could be, since it's their biggest selling studio album - the only thing in their catalog that has moved more units is Hot Rocks, and each copy of that counts as 2, because it's a double, AND it's a compilation...so Some Girls is pretty much the Stones biggest seller. It's all killer, no filler - "Far Away Eyes", "Shattered", "Beast of Burden", the title track, "Respectable", it's fairly relentless. A++++

The 12" single of "Miss You" is better than the one on the album - better mix, guitars and piano up front and raw.

I've been digging on Emotional Rescue a lot lately. Similar vibe, fantastic tunes. Near audiophile recording quality.
No kidding? I had no idea it sold so well. I would have guessed Sticky Fingers or Let It Bleed. I said underrated because I know very few people that own it or listen to it, outside of my close buddies.

I haven’t heard much of Emotional Rescue. I love She’s So Cold. I think that is on there.
Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.