View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 11:52 AM   #11
MVP

We got a deal on a pretty good mattress a couple of years ago and I absolutely hate the ****ing thing. I wish we would have kept our 7 year old spring mattress, but my wife loves the thing.

We got a cooling mattress that's memory foam and is very plush. Problem is that it is too soft. I thought I really liked it when I tried it out in the store, it felt very comfortable, but then we got it home and I actually slept on it...

I had read that it takes time for your body to readjust to a new bed and get used to the support. I was waking up really sore pretty much every single morning and I chalked it up to my body getting used to being in the proper position. Fast forward to now and while it has gotten marginally better I still hate it. Pretty much every morning my lower back hurts and my hips as well. I've had back problems since high school, so I won't blame the bed, but I'm blaming the hip pain on the bed. The only time my hips hurt is in the middle of the night after I wake up from them hurting and then in the morning when I wake up from them hurting.

I think part of my problem is for some reason I don't move while I'm asleep. If I fall asleep on my right side I wake up on my right side and my right hip hurts so bad I can barely move, so I roll over onto my left side and you guessed it, my left hip hurts. My fiance even says I don't move at all at night. She has been staying up late because she's preggers and can't sleep. I think part of the reason I don't move is because our youngest would fall asleep in bed with us when she was young. I think it's a subconscious thing and my body is thinking there's a baby that if I move I will squish.

Back on track, don't get a really soft bed if you like more firmness. If your SO likes the opposite, then the cheapest option is to get what you want and make her sleep on the floor or you could get a sleep number.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.