View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 01:30 PM   #99
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
**** Plantar Fasciitis.

When I was still trying to play ball, I'd tape it like this. There are some different kinds of tapes these days that I know nothing about, and different strategies, but this definitely helped me. Just make sure to wash and dry your foot first and put your sock on while you're sitting down before you move. It takes a minute, especially when you haven't done it too many times, and nothing is more irritating than starting over.

I've done some myofascial release. Meh

Cold packs will help if you fire it up and it is hurting, but at that point the damage is done.

There are lots of stretching. It is certainly worthwhile.

I did orthotics for awhile, and they were so hard, when I'd stand on concrete (which I do) they'd just inflame it because there was no cushion. Maybe you can come up with better options. So I'm better off just getting some really good support shoes which have some cushion. I've gotten along with brooks and Salamon, but everybody's foot is different.

I tried these arch support things that went around my foot, it just shifted around and hurt really bad.

Plantar Fasciitis is the devil.
Somehow i missed this before. I'll try the taping. I've tried 6-7 different insoles that are supposed to be good for it. My best luck was with footprint kingfoam insoles the 7mm ones. They dont have arch support but absorb shock. I feel like it really helped strengthen my ankles and foot by not leaning on the arch while standing, and it takes some initial shock from each step off the heel. I'd say im about 80% better now. I'm really ready to get back running, swimming sucks lol.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote