View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 06:48 PM   #93
Brrrrr.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo64 View Post
I have a friend who tried DDP yoga and really liked it, increased flexibility and lost weight. Former Pro Rassler Diamond Dallas Page supposedly created it. I keep saying I'm going to try it but I'm too lazy right now. Their program is isn't free though.
I started DDPY and was enjoying it until I sprained my MCL (working around the yard) so bad that the docs thought that I tore it.

I should probably give it another try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
**** Plantar Fasciitis.

When I was still trying to play ball, I'd tape it like this. There are some different kinds of tapes these days that I know nothing about, and different strategies, but this definitely helped me. Just make sure to wash and dry your foot first and put your sock on while you're sitting down before you move. It takes a minute, especially when you haven't done it too many times, and nothing is more irritating than starting over.

I've done some myofascial release. Meh

Cold packs will help if you fire it up and it is hurting, but at that point the damage is done.

There are lots of stretching. It is certainly worthwhile.

I did orthotics for awhile, and they were so hard, when I'd stand on concrete (which I do) they'd just inflame it because there was no cushion. Maybe you can come up with better options. So I'm better off just getting some really good support shoes which have some cushion. I've gotten along with brooks and Salamon, but everybody's foot is different.

I tried these arch support things that went around my foot, it just shifted around and hurt really bad.

Plantar Fasciitis is the devil.
Yes, it is. That's another thing I've been dealing with.

Anyway, I was doing pretty good fitness-wise until a few years ago. Then chemo kicked my ass, then I dislocated my wrist along with shattering it and breaking my arm ... then the MCL ....

I'm on a team (of 4) doing "Run The Year" again and at the moment my miles are walking miles, but I'm knocking them out. Plus, I've been focusing at some strengthening and stability stuff. I haven't started lifting again - but it's in the plan.
Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.