View Single Post
Old 05-17-2022, 01:37 PM   #121
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv View Post
As a female who has used one, I highly recommend it. One thing I learned from mine is to not be hesitant to lift weights. I was always intimidated by seeing the guys that were usually on that side of the gym, but once I got more familiar with form, I didn't even pay attention to anyone else. He set out a workout schedule. I weighed in once per week and took measurements once per month. I worked with weights, resistance machines, treadmill, row machine, ropes, etc. My workouts were lower weight, higher repetitions. Once every five weeks, I had a strength week. This was higher weight and lower repetition, to see where I was at. Typically, once going back to my higher rep workouts, my weight would be a little higher than it was before. Same with cardio and HIIT workouts. He gave me guidelines on what to eat and when, but he never dealt too much with it as long as my weigh-ins and measurements were looking good. Having a personal trainer also gave me someone who held me accountable and pushed me when I needed it. Best thing I could have done.

I don't think it's so much what you ask your trainer. I think it's more what they ask you. I had one before him who only ever had me do stuff with an exercise ball and do some cardio. He moved on to someplace else, and my new trainer asked me what my goals were, what my fears were in the gym, etc. He picked up on my insecurities, and pushed me to overcome them. You should be comfortable with your trainer. Don't be afraid to tell them anything. Trust that they know how to get you to where you desire to be, and, if you're not seeing the results you would like, talk to them about why.

Great write up. This is exactly why a lot of people benefit from trainers.
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.