Thread: Home and Auto The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 01:54 PM   #2383
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayze View Post
Been a long time since I was on a sport bike; since my '08 CBR600RR; This one feels like it has a ton more juice down low and mid (well, duh...Dayze...it's a liter bike compared to the old 600). Even though'technically, I think the categorize the bike as a sport tourer that leans a little more sport.

still getting used to how close the gearing/gear ratio is, and how little it takes on the throttle to slip into gear on upshifts. ...and not hearing a big "clunk" on each shift like the HD lol. I was actually surprised at the amount of engine breaking it has for an I4.

Played around with the adjustable 3 position wind screen; I've read the stock one is pretty meah if your 6'0 or above...and I believe it. probably have to go aftermarket, as well as finding the sweet spot body position wise to get into the calm air. but, that'll come simply by riding. my Street Glide used to have bad wind buffetting, but over time my body got used to getting into the right position. Fits me like an old glove.
Sounds nice.
Yeah, engine braking is the ticket. I rarely use my rear brakes because the engine does all the work, plus having dual disc up front I get better braking and longevity out of pads.
Its gonna be a weird year for riding. I will probably get a lot more miles in because I started on 2nd due to the Corona. Hopefully when summer arrives I can get up early, hit a trout stream on some gravel 50 miles away, and get my ridding and fishing itch scratched all at once.
Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.