View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 12:00 PM   #11
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
^ I don’t disagree. What I’m rooting for is Mahomes to be the obvious winner in the rivalry but for a 10 year rivalry to exist and with that, Lamar being a successful QB in the league. For as many accolades the Brady v Manning rivalry has, does anyone want to guess Brady’s record against Manning before the 2015 season?

Spoiler!

I think part of why the Brady-Manning rivalry is played up was because those 2 were the best of their era even though Brady/Patriots were the clear winners in the rivalry, especially with Tom taking 6 rings to Manning’s 2. While there was some debate when Manning retired about who had the better legacy between them - Brady has all but put that to rest after 28-3 and last season.

With Mahomes and Lamar, you have 2 athletes who bring completely transformative skill sets compared to Tom and Peyton. Mahomes and Lamar are breaking the traditional norms and I hope they have long careers with dynamic matchups between them, especially if they have some legendary rivalry games between them. With that said, I’d still love Patrick to end up with a 12-5 career record or some such against Lamar when all is said and done - and many Ravens fans are worried that if the games come down between their arms, Patrick will ultimately have that advantage. When Patrick and Lamar do hang it up, my hope is that even the Skippy Bayless’ of the world will have to admit that Patrick is the GOAT in a resigned fashion.

The matchup in Baltimore next year should be a lot of fun - especially with our ol’ pal Marcus Peters in the mix. I wonder if Patrick will let him try on his ring?
Yeah, much as I want mahomes to dominate, I also know that a true rivalry is good for his legacy. I just want it to be with a legitimately great qb. It's a shame Russell is in the other conference and Rodgers is getting too old, because those are rivalries I want to see. Chiefs vs ravens is a great rivalry to want. Mahomes and lamar, to me, is overhype. Maybe great for the game but it's one that hurts mahomes legacy because it brings him down to a level he is clearly better than.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote