View Single Post
Old 01-29-2021, 05:54 PM   #243
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Watkins, Robinson, and Pringle are all 6-1 and between 203-210 pounds.

Watkins is the fastest of them, but I wouldn't consider any of them quick-twitch types like Tyreek and Hardman are.

We've also brought in some bigger bodied types than those 3 in the past, they just haven't stuck to this point.

I think Reid is interested in creating mismatches, and is always adding new wrinkles so I wouldn't be too hung up on specific heights and weights as being things we wouldn't take so much as what a person's skillset can add.
If I had to say anything its alot more about the 3-cone and change of direction ability/ability to snap off routes for this offense. Robinson is a 6.77 3-cone, Pringle is 6.87, Watkins 6.95, Hill 6.53, Hardman is 6.75. So, you can kind of see from that that all of them are relatively quick in terms of change of direction. As a rule, 6.80 to 7.0 is good and sub 6.8 is outstanding. Not a guy over 7.0 on the list of regular performers. Kemp and Dieter would be exceptions, well actually Kemp ran a 6.99 at his pro-day iirc, but anyhow we don't see them play anything but special teams.

Some idiot from The Draft Network wrote an article earlier this year trying to say receivers should stop running the drill, arguing it's not an important measurement for receivers. He'd be correct if you're looking at a straight-line, jump-ball receiver where I'd put much more emphasis on vertical, but we don't deploy those. It's one of the most important ones, and has long been considered the most important overall measurement in football.

If I'm looking at a Reid receiver, I'd be most interested in studying the guy's ability to snap routes at the top and his ability to change direction to create YAC in the open field. If he can do those, he's on the radar.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote