View Single Post
Old 11-09-2021, 11:31 PM   #121
Live free or die hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
The Cooter Hill story:

So I had always heard stories about this guy, Hondo used to rodeo with back in the day, a black guy by the name of Cooter Hill.

On my birthday a couple of years ago, a buddy of mine drove down to Billings from Great Falls to hang out and go to dinner on my birthday. We end up jumping an Uber to a local western streak house/bar. We are sitting at the bar BSing with the bar tender, drinking beverages, when this guy walks in. Really friendly guy all smiles and about everyone in there seemed to know him. About that time, his cell phone rings and his ring tone is the "Where the white women at" from Blazing Saddles. Everyone was cracking up.

Shortly after that, I heard someone call him Cooter. I walked over and asked him if he knew a Hondo. He gets an ear to ear grin and says "He's a good buddy of mine, we used to bull ride together." Cooter came over and sat with my buddy and I and starts telling some Hondo stories from back in the day.

Hondo was supposed to come down and join us, but he ended up being on call and couldn't make it.

I decided to give Hondo a call and was giving him crap about some of the stories I just learned about. Hondo explains that one night in their rodeo days, they were trying to check into a hotel and the only room left in town was a single bed unit. With that being it was the only choice, they had to take it. I guess at least it was a king bed. Hondo says, "Cooter is the first guy I slept with, ask him". I lean over and said "hey Cooter, Hondo claims you are the first black guy he slept with, any truth to that?" Cooter about fell out of his chair, he was laughing so hard.

I handed the phone to Cooter so he could say hi to Hondo and after about 30 seconds, he starts cracking up again and handed me back the phone. I asked Cooter what Hondo said and he said Hondo told him, "Greg doesn't like black guys." You had to know Hondo's sense of humor. We all had a good laugh over that little deal and sat around killing off many cold beverages the rest of the night.
That is a great story.

For all the daredevil stuff I've done and do in life bull riding is not on my list. I'd sooner drop a cinder block on gas pedal of a running car while in the passenger seat and see where things go.

Balls of steel.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote