Thread: Other Sports 2019 Nascar thread
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 09:41 AM   #35
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCTitus View Post
Each race is now broken into 3 stages...winner of the stage gets a playoff point and the top 10 of the stage gets series points. It's an attempt to allow for strategy and for some drivers to score points they otherwise wouldnt.

I'm really not sure if its done anything for the sport, but it's a way for those in playoff contention (a previous race winner is a playoff participant) to get an edge against fellow competitors.

I have followed it from a distance and really dont care about the points racing...

Old school was pure points racing, but that was too boring and now, it's just become ridiculously confusing. I thought the playoffs were a good idea, but Nascar needs to finish (like PGA is now) before football starts. They need maximum eyeballs and they dont start their 2 month playoff until football starts.

They are getting rid of the restrictor plate in favor of another HP limiting part in the engine...the problem has always been limiting HP and the superspeedways are just a joke of a race, but unfortunately that's Nascar's bread and butter.

The sport is dying...they never should have expanded as large as they did and built so many cookie cutter tracks. If they were smart, they would have made the tracks be less than 1.5M and each track unique. Of course the most popular track, Bristol, has lost its luster and that's truly a shame.

There is a new generation of racers, but they have NO personality and the veterans that remain have no personality. I think Nascar is going the way of Indy racing. Both sports will become one race sports...
Head of nail, meet hammer
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote