Thread: DT Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 02:26 AM   #131
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
That's not quite accurate. At least not for anything after 2024. There's a Rice, and...Skyy Moore. That's what would be under contract in '25.

I don't know that Kelce at 36 should be considered a WR at all, much less WR1 or 2, and that's assuming he doesn't call it a career should they threepeat. I mean, that is a very real possibility, especially with his brother calling it.

Ororohoro is an interesting prospect, for sure, but what role does he play in a Chris Jones led defensive front? He's a 3 tech. So, he spells Jones when Jones needs a breather, and he plays some passing downs if you want to move Jones out to DE? I don't see him as a run down 1T. Given how much we just paid Jones, I don't think that's a great value pick. Had we NOT signed Jones, I'd be with you.

And please don't take any snark in my response; we're just talking theoretics.

Of course, now that I've said all of that, Veach will go all in on DL in this draft. LOL
We have Jones and whatever Neil Ferrell is at DT after this season. That's it. So, there's that component as well. Neither position has been well-managed in the draft to keep some influx of talent rolling through.

Given that we play a 1-gap scheme, no I don't rule out too many prospects to play NT. We can also ask a guy like Ruke to put on 15 lbs. Even if it's bad weight, he's going to be a great athlete because he's already a phenomenal one at 295.

I'm just keeping an open mind about this draft. I'm nervous about LT continuing to be an exercise in kicking the can down the road and I think this draft could present a unique opportunity to grab a guy later than normal. That pushes WR and DT down from where you'd like to see them.

Not only that, there are a few CBs I really like in this draft too that just won't come into play because of those needs.

As long as Veach stacks up some good football players, we'll be fine. I don't know that he needs to force any position, including WR. If he goes WR in 3 and 5, I'll get it. If he does it in 1, I'll get it.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote