Thread: DT Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2024, 04:39 PM   #123
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
The same can be said at DT when you have Chris Jones and that's it because Veach hasn't addressed DT in years. That said, I think it's a bit cheaper to go to the FA well for DTs. You can always do the "bring in as many cheap, relatively shitty guys as we can and see what happens" route that Veach has employed once again this year. At some point though, he should draft a DT.
I agree with this conceptually, and how the Chiefs employ it.
I would think/hope that there is some universe of resources where the Chiefs convert everything to a common unit:

Veteran league minimum or whatever% of the salary cap is worth X of made up unit (We can reference them as Chiefsbux going forward.).
Pick 17 is worth Y Chiefsbux.

Now that picks and salary cap allocations are all now quantified in Chiefsbux, you can use that to evaluate value per production at a given position.

Then employed as follows:
We can get unsatisfactory/satisfactory/strong production for 1.25 Chiefsbux. We value on this type of production as being worth 3 Chiefsbux, so our value per unit of production is net +1.75 Chiefsbux.

It's contrived, but I think it would be helpful as a secondary measure of production vs. resources:
We expect a net Chiefsbux return of +1.5/player or 150%/player at WR. Therefore, MVS producing 1.5 Chiefsbux in value versus 3.0 Chiefsbux cost is -1.5 or 50% and we are going to trigger a review of him as a cut candidate.
Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.