View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 03:20 PM   #1409
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
If we can sign both Hill and Jones, knowing that Mahomes is next year, then I think we should.
What if Lee plays to his 1st round status? What if Ogbah plays to his pedigree? Or if Fuller takes a step forward?

If you sign Jones now, you've essentially committed yourself to letting all of those guys walk because there will not be the money to pay them. Now I understand why you'd do it anyway if that's the direction you chose to go.

But realize that you've now plowed a TON of money on the D into 3 guys and you're very much walking a tightrope. With this offense I think it is more important that our defense be steady than it is that they be spectacular. While hoarding $20 million defensive lineman may make for some truly amazing moments, the cost-cutting elsewhere is gonna make it very much a boom or bust defense.

I can see both sides of the argument here but I'm just not sure I'd do it unless the LTC for Jones came with signficant upside via a discount over the franchise tag. I don't think he's willing to sign off on a deal like that.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.