View Single Post
Old 05-10-2023, 10:54 AM   #973
MVP

I'm strongly advocating for another rule change for 2024.

The penalty for a post-draft trade down is changed at least to 25% instead of 35%.

I understand that we should be penalized because we get the benefit of hindsight, but right now we lose the value of a very high 3rd round pick trading down out of the bottom of the 1st (approximately pick #72). That means a trade down from 31 puts us at pick #48. A change to 25% would instead put us at a loss in value of a lower 3rd-round pick (approximately pick #87) and would mean a trade down from 31 puts us at pick #42.

This would at least allow us to trade down to the middle of round 2 (say pick 48) and pick up a 4th with it. This is far more reasonable than the current situation where we'd have to drop from R1 to the bottom of 2 in order to pick up any other pick as compensation for the trade-out.

I'd be more in favor of 20% but that might be pushing my luck.

Under the current format, a trade-down is so out of the realm of reality that it makes it moot.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.