Thread: Home and Auto The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 10:17 AM   #2334
THE RED MENACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayze View Post
yeah, that's my dilema too.

There are a ton of bikes I would love to own, but I'm not sure i can justify to my brain in owning as the only bike in the garage. Though, I realllllly like the Ninja 1000; I could see it as a 'do it all' bike. Commute, tour, rail, etc. dead reliable, more than enough power; and can be had basically brand new for probably $10k.

I guess that's always an issue for a motorcyclist lol. Plus, everyone's lives always change, so what might have been a good bike for someone 3 years ago, might not meed the current needs of the rider. When i got my Street Glide, I was putting probably 15k/yr miles on my bikes at that point. The last year and a half or so, just been so busy with work and other stuff, I'm not riding anywhere near that. So in my brain, it's hard to justify a touring bike when I barely ride it lol.

Maybe my life now is where I only have the time to do quick weekend rides / day rides to get some lunch and head back etc. In which case, there are lots of bikes that would fit the bill and be a blast doing it.

I need to win the lottery, is the main problem.
So I finally picked up the bike last night. The mechanic works on high performance bikes exclusively and has owned 2 hyabusas. Said he loved my bike for a big guy. Said it was definately faster than the hyabusa ans wasn't sure why mine was so fast getting the front tire off the ground in 3rd easily. He said to stay away from Ducatis in general and theat he enjoyed my current bike over the Diavel. That's about all I need to hear until they do a major modification on the 14r which I am sure they will do now that Suzuki is coming out with a turbo charged Hyabusa in 19. I am not sure why anyone would want anymore power to be honest. I can't use all I have now.
BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.