Thread: Left Tackles
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2024, 10:42 AM   #60
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
I agree, there's some quality depth and guys that could develop.

How about Dominich Puni from KU? 90.5% pass protection grade on PFF, he's young too. Christian Jones showed out at the Sr Bowl. Jalen Sundell from North Dokota 89.7% pass protection grade. Javon Foster had the the most consistent 80%+ overall performance grade over a 3 year period. Mel Kiper likes Isaiah Adams from Illinois. I've mentioned Zion as a reclamation project also.

But I'm curious which of these OTs that might be available at the bottom of the 1st is a plug and play starter game 1 next season?
I'm not sure Puni's an OT at the next level. At least probably not a LT. I dunno that I see the length or athleticism to pull it off.

That said, in the 3rd round, a guy who might be an OT but can be a really safe bet to convert to a strong pass-blocking IOL wouldn't be the worst outcome. But I don't think you've 'solved' the OT problem with him or any of the rest of the guys you've mentioned there. Adams as a late 3rd day pick is intriguing from a developmental standpoint but I think you're looking at a 2 year development period there.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.