Thread: Home and Auto The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2023, 01:16 PM   #2574
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razaele View Post
Take the MSF course first, that goes without saying.

KTM is a quality marque with a good reputation.

Traditionally the negatives of a bike like this for a beginner would be common to sportbikes. It's not going to be comfortable for taller riders. I dealt with it, but for longer rides it's not great.

With lowish bars (though not as low as some from the looks of it) and a short wheelbase, the steering is also going to be pretty snappy and not very forgiving of beginnerish inputs. If you are in a younger age bracket, you might find the insurance rates to be uncomfortable as well.

Usually, you would expect a single-cylinder bike to shake quite a bit at idle, and not be as smooth riding as a parallel twin or an inline 4 would be. I have some time on 90 degree twins (SV650, RC51) and I didn't find those too disturbing, but I can't speak to this one. You'd expect the torque to be good relative to its displacement.

Another thing to consider is that if the bike ends up sideways that fairing will be expensive to replace, so you might want to see if frame sliders are available for it.

I have been out of the saddle for a few years now and it's interesting to see entry level bikes come with traction control and ABS now.

Looks great and does makes me miss the R1
Thanks for all the feedback!
alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.