Thread: Movies and TV Yellowstone
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 10:37 AM   #35
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
This is an unabashed guilty pleasure.

You have to acknowledge that this is a soap opera. It's Dallas with cows instead of oil. If you can just come to grips with the fact that there's a lot of pulp nonsense here and it probably doesn't belong in the 'peak TV' discussion or whatever else the critics like to beat themselves off about, you'll fully embrace the entire spectacle.

I started watching it for the cinematography (sucker for scenery), kept watching it because Kelly Reilly jiggles so very well and an now fully immersed in Grizzled Costner.

And I heard him do an interview - I don't know if that guy's spent the last 15 years just chain smoking marlboro reds but John Dutton is who he actually sounds like now. That's not a voice he's putting on for the show - Costner just sounds weathered as hell.

Yeah, I know I should be embarrassed for liking this show but **** y'all. Dutton's existence is a wet dream (even if you remove the 'casual murders' part of it). The guy has a ranch the size of a small state and can pretty much pull any lever he needs to. And he ALWAYS has a line for the situation.

Love this show. And I figure Rip will have to kill a baby or something before I view him as anything but a badass. I mean sure - who doesn't have a few rough edges here and there? But that's the guy you want in your foxhole now.
Why would you be embarrassed? It's gritty, beautiful, and appalling TV all in one hour. Cole Hauser plays it like he was born to be Rip. This show is Thuderheart meets Dallas, IMHO. I look forward to this hour every week. HBO quality series on a non-premium channel.
Dallas Chief threw an interception on a screen pass.Dallas Chief threw an interception on a screen pass.Dallas Chief threw an interception on a screen pass.Dallas Chief threw an interception on a screen pass.Dallas Chief threw an interception on a screen pass.Dallas Chief threw an interception on a screen pass.Dallas Chief threw an interception on a screen pass.Dallas Chief threw an interception on a screen pass.Dallas Chief threw an interception on a screen pass.Dallas Chief threw an interception on a screen pass.Dallas Chief threw an interception on a screen pass.