Thread: Movies and TV Yellowstone
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2021, 10:08 AM   #123
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
I think this is in part purposeful.

The 'saga' of the Duttons in the mind of Sheridan is to tell the story of a family with some harsh and uncompromising perspectives, then let you decide for yourself whether those perspectives are merited.

Whether John is right to be a mob boss. Whether Jamie is right to try to find a weaselly way out. Whether Beth is right to be openly angry and resentful at the whole mess. Whether Kayce's idealistic rejection is the right way to respond, etc.

With land and power comes pushback, opposition, usurpers, etc. Is it worth it to try to hold it all together, and how far will you go.

That's the story.

You're not supposed to automatically like anyone, so much as see how complex the situation is, and how realistically drawn people might respond.
Good post, and agree.

It's probably a credit to the writing and direction that I can't quite remember a show that made me not want to like a single one of the leads, but can't stop watching and be completely drawn in. Love the story of how ranch life is intermixed with big business and politics in the 21st century. Very raw and has the feel of truth in it.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.