Thread: Movies and TV Yellowstone
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2021, 10:00 PM   #121
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Just getting on this train. So far, I hate the entire Dutton family, every single one. There is not one character on this show that is a sympathetic character, except possibly Dan Jenkins and "maybe" Rip, but ****ing hell, even those guys will shoot you straight in the back. John is basically a mob boss, Jamie is a spineless coward that refuses to stand on his own in spite of being the most able, Kayce is noble guy that chooses to take the loser route no matter where he goes, and Beth is the smoking hot bitchy girl that is easy to hate because she hates everyone.

Great show though, haha.

*EDIT - Jimmy might be the sympathetic character, but he has GOT to get his shit together, lol.
**EDIT pt.2 - I'm halfway through the second season
I think this is in part purposeful.

The 'saga' of the Duttons in the mind of Sheridan is to tell the story of a family with some harsh and uncompromising perspectives, then let you decide for yourself whether those perspectives are merited.

Whether John is right to be a mob boss. Whether Jamie is right to try to find a weaselly way out. Whether Beth is right to be openly angry and resentful at the whole mess. Whether Kayce's idealistic rejection is the right way to respond, etc.

With land and power comes pushback, opposition, usurpers, etc. Is it worth it to try to hold it all together, and how far will you go.

That's the story.

You're not supposed to automatically like anyone, so much as see how complex the situation is, and how realistically drawn people might respond.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote