View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 07:32 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan View Post
We might have to agree to disagree on the upside you see in Bryant.

Him + Omenihu were asked to be completely different players at the college level. I think my biggest point of difference with you would be over hand use and pass rushing moves. Omenihu has some of the best hands in this draft and has a variety of pass rush moves in his arsenal...he spent most of his time at Texas beating guys inside, but proved v. Georgia and at the Senior bowl that he can get you from outside as well.

Personally, I feel Omenihu gives you more flexibility and will find it easier to stay on the field in sub packages, whereas I don't see Bryant as a guy who will hold up inside as well when asked to take on more gap responsibilities and free up room for linebackers when we're not in a four man front.
Not being in a 4-man front will pretty much be never with Spags unless he completely changed his scheme during his off year. He's about as straight forward as you get in terms of what he does with his d-line. The one thing Bryant does do well is drop back into space on zone-blitzes, something that Omenihu cannot provide. Spags runs more of that than he will an odd front.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.