View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 12:54 AM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
http://chiefsplanet.com/bb/showthread.php?t=293878

Here's a contemporary discussion.

I'd put H8ful near the bottom of Tarantino's resume, but that's because I have very high standards for Tarantino movies.

There was a time when I first started consciously switching from movie theater to home theater for movies, and I went a while without going to the movies. Opening night of Kill Bill was the first movie I went to the cinema to see in months maybe years. And it was the last movie I saw at the cinema until opening night . . . of Kill Bill II, to give you a perspective.

The cinematography of H8ful is beautiful, and the broad strokes of the story are fairly sound. But the narrative Tarantino wanted to convey combined with the close quarters of the setting made it overall into more of a Broadway play than a motion picture. The stories are vivid, but they are entirely exposition. It was a post-Civil War, big-dick contest version of sitting around the campfire telling ghost stories.

If your FAVORITE part of Pulp Fiction was Jules TELLING Vincent about the time Marcellus threw Tony Rocky Horror out a window for giving his wife a foot massage, this is an entire movie a lot like that scene.
There's the chance that he passed himself, and is trying way too hard now. He may have peaked with Inglorious. Django was really good, but it could and should've probably ended before it did. It had enough points where it could have after he kills almost everyone in the big house. And it could've ended right there as well
banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.