Thread: Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2020, 05:03 AM   #2621
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Last issue I have with Glocks concerns safety.

When disassembling a Glock for cleaning/maintenance, you are required to press the trigger before pulling down on the take-down tabs on either side of the frame. Most Glock NGs (negligent discharges) occur during disassembly, because someone forgets to double check that the chamber is actually empty. They press the trigger as they're expected to on a live round while sitting at their desk at home, and BANG the gun fires a round when you weren't expecting it to.

M&Ps have a tab inside the breech that you flip down, allowing you to take down the weapon without having to press the trigger. I like that.

Again, this may or may not be an issue for you, that's your preference. I don't like it, so it was just another reason for me to buy a S&W M&P.

Other handguns that fit your budget, are similar and size, capacity and functional reliability:

Not in any particular order:
Springfield Armory XDM line
Canik TP9
SIG 365
HK VP9
FN509
Walther PPQ
CZ P10C

Probably another dozen or more guns that fit your parameters, but that's a good start.
the M&P 2.0 can also be disassembled by engaging the takedown lever and then pulling trigger to release that tab and then the slide comes off. much quicker then using that lever inside the gun.
ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.