View Single Post
Old 01-12-2023, 10:00 AM   #904
BAMF!

I've been making an effort to read/listen to more books this year. June to January I believe I finished 13, which looking at that is nuts to me.

By far my favorite has been Adrian Tchaikovsky. I'm stoked the third book just came out, so I will likely start on that this weekend.

My least favorite, and this is by an extremely wide margin, Cixin Liu. I hated the series. I hated most everything about it. There was some interesting moments, but overall just hated it. I have no idea what it is so loved.

Biggest surprise to me has been how much I enjoyed Mammay. I'm about 60% done with Colonyside so please no spoilers for that. I will admit that I accidentally started with Spaceside (book 2), but it might be better read in that order: 2,1,3. It made book 2 this awesome detective novel in a way, and I'm not sure it would have been as fun. However, it does spoil book 1 of course, so it may have been much more enjoyable to do it in the right order... probably.

Dune audiobook was ****ing awesome.

Ringworld was silly, but I didn't love it as much as I thought I might nor as much as some friends thought I might.

Not on the list is Corey's Babylon's Ashes, but I read it before. I was on a work trip and didn't have anything to read or listen to at the airports/on the plane so I listened to it. I couldn't remember much of it from before. It's fun, like the rest of that series.

My list is:
Code:
Author Title
Michael Mammay Planetside
Spaceside
Colonyside
Larry Niven Ringworld
The Ringworld Engineers
Frank Herbert Dune
Dune Messiah
Adrian Tchaikovsky Children of Time
Children of Ruin