View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 04:36 PM   #22
The Illuminati

Interesting rumor from the OU premium board. Supposedly the guy is credible and this is picking up steam around the interwebz. Take it for what it's worth.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=187&f=2639&t=7915231

Quote:
GEA89
[Scout Subscriber]
Admin/Moderator
Rating: 4.1/5 this site
29803 posts this site

Posted: Today 3:56 PM
Monday 9/12 Afternoon Update
If you think OU and Texas are in bed together in this thing you could not be more wrong. Hop alluded in the Premium board something I heard over the weekend from a prominent Sooner booster that OU has had their fill with the sips and are on the verge of heading West. What caused it? Well my source told me it was a trust issue but Hop took it a step further, he stated that the whole deal with Texas partnering with Notre Dame to put together a proposal to go to the Big 10 seemed to be the rub here. OU had meetings with the people in Austin talking of saving the Big XII and committing to that very thing. But when they found out the leaked info that Texas had been in talks with Big 10 people what trust that was there is now on life support.

As you all have seen, we have used a term "fluid" here a lot. The reasons that something like conference realignment being "fluid" are because of situations changing like cited above and the fact that lawyers are involved and so predicting things like timing are very difficult. This situation is very fluid regarding OU, could they repair their trust issues with the Horns? Very unlikely at this point. Could they announce a move to the Pac 12 very soon? Probable if you ask me but they do have some concerns regarding scheduling, travel, etc. and thus the reason I use the fluid term. In talking to my OU source who is very strong and very reliable he told me the following about a half hour ago "we are almost out the door, just looking for our keys." I asked if he would put a probability percentage on it and he told me 98%.

So let's suspend the thought that it might not happen, the situation gets fluid, and my friends 2% comes in to play. Let's say they are ready to pull the trigger and move right now, the next question being the pink elephant in the room of when? Will OU/Pac 12 jump out and cite there is enough conference instability that Baylor we dare you to pull your pathetic desperation attempts and sue the Pac 12? Will they wait for A&M to get an unconditional acceptance into the SEC? We are hearing A&M lawyers are presenting to every SEC school's legal team and Presidents and have been since Friday their case in hopes of alleviating any concern regarding Baylor's weak case. Or will it take A&M declaring independence, re-writing the letter they wrote to the Big XII that said we are gone if we get an invite to the SEC?

Only time will tell, but one thing is for sure, there sure is a ton of activity going on right now and this very well could end soon if OU is indeed one foot out the door.
eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.