Thread: Home and Auto EV Cars/Trucks
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2022, 12:27 PM   #87
The Seated Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
It’s not a propulsion system it’s a generator, right?
Yes, and even hybrids without plug-in capability are more efficient than straight gas cars, so obviously the benefits outweigh the drawbacks of extra weight and complexity.

For my situation, considering the cost of buying a new car, I'm probably going to wait until an EV is available that meets my needs that can act as a daily driver, and use my existing gas truck for the rare occasions (long trip, heavy towing) that the EV won't cut it. I think I'll get the most benefit that way as I will almost always be driving a full EV without carrying any gas equipment, but will still have the ability to do the things a full EV can't.
MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.