View Single Post
Old 01-04-2024, 11:08 AM   #8
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Brown has also missed games with injury every year.
No, he played in 18/18 games in 2020. He misssed 3 games total in Baltimore. I think he's a mostly durable guy who the turf monster in Arizona beat down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I really REALLY like Egbuka - been trying to build a little momentum around him for a month or so.

And if you were to sign Hollywood as a FA, you truly couldn't make a better pick than Egbuka. I mean maybe one of the bigger bodied guys might float some boats, but I just don't care that much about height. Mahomes isn't gonna YOLO balls for guys to go up and get very often.

And if he has Rice, Brown and Egbuka out there getting open, it'll simply never be necessary. Those are three extremely complementary guys with very specific strengths but at the same time they're not LIMITED to those areas of strength.

MVS, for instance, is (was) a genuine deep threat but ONLY a deep threat. JJSS was a solid underneath receiver but ONLY an underneath receiver. Rice is a dynamic underneath catch and run threat, Brown is a dynamic deep threat, Egbuka is a silky route-runner who will be outstanding at finding separation at his break all over the field. But ALL of them can do anything else on occasion you'd ask from them. All three of those guys can catch a ball underneath or deep or run a bubble screen.

That would be an awfully good group of weapons.

Didn't Lachey say he was returning to Iowa? And honestly, Iowa TEs have done so well of late that I feel like he'll get a boost into the late 2nd. LaPorta is gonna make him some money.

Tart's another guy I've been trying to get people to pay attention to - I think he'd be a real nice pickup. I'd love to see another complementary DL either on the 2nd day or in FA (even if it's a DE who moves Omenihu to the inside on a semi-permanent basis) but you seem to have used Gaines for that. I'm just not a Gaines guy. Wasn't last season, am not now. I don't see what some others see in him - he's a complete JAG who MIGHT provide a small upgrade on Nnadi but even that's not something I'm sure of.

Good effort, sir. I'll get to work on willing Egbuka into existence.
That's where I'm at re: the WRs. I hadn't seen that re: Lachey but will be sad if true. That's probably good. I should have been more disciplined and taken a DT there.

On Gaines, I'm just looking for a generally competent guy to slot in there. Not set on him. I do really like Tart, though, and think he could be the type of signing that really outplays his contract.

KC needs a move or 2 this offseason that pay off like Trey Hendrickson for the Bengals, to really get the inevitable nature of things back together.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.