View Single Post
Old 12-17-2019, 02:56 PM   #3071
Now you've pissed me off!

I'm not going to lose sleep over not acquiring Kluber, even if the prospect cost was low. I followed every start of his in 2018--he was an absolute mirage, and downright bad against good offenses. He's probably a 2.5 win guy at this point, and I wouldn't be surprised if he blew a tire and pitched another 30-40 innings this year.

Bumgarner getting $1MM more in AAV four years later than Mike Leake shows you how bad the latter's contract was.

You have to approach this from the perspective of riding shotgun with a horrible driver. The fewer miles you have to ride with them, the safer off you are. In Mo's case, the fewer moves and longer term contracts he signs, the better off the team is in the long run. I would rather them do nothing and have Flores focus on building up the farm system than signing any big contract with high risk players past 30.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.