Thread: Skyy Moore
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2022, 04:54 PM   #145
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Yeah - he's playing in the MAC.

Go ahead and cite Tyreek Hill's 10 yard split as demonstrative of Moore's explosion if you want. I'm going to say it's more demonstrative of the value of the statistic.

In no world, and in no way, is Moore anywhere approaching the athlete Tyreek Hill was. If you have a stopwatch that is telling you otherwise, the problem is the stopwatch or what you're measuring.

And again - De'Anthony Thomas: 4.34. With a better shuttle and significantly better 3-cone. Similarly poor broad, similarly poor vert. His athletic profile is EXTREMELY similar to De'Anthony Thomas. And I honestly wouldn't be shocked to see him used similarly in the passing game. And I hated how we used Thomas.
Let me be clear here. I agree with most of what you say here. He's not going to be Hill. He's got a better shot to be AB, but probably less than 1% chance that happens. But I think he's got a 20% chance of a couple Cooper Kupp years surrounded by sub 1000 yard seasons type player. So I think we're on the same page, largely.

What I will point out is that DAT was a pretty goddamned good player PRIOR to getting his head ripped off by the Chargers. He wasn't Hill, but he was a vastly different player than before that concussion. Which, mind you can happen to anyone (including the fan favorite Priest Holmes - which I continually catch shit as a hater for because I'll absolutely die on the hill of Charles being the vastly better player [/aside])

All that being said, it's worth pointing out that DATs pre-concussion career, playing with Alex Smith absolutely refusing to push the ball down the field, was indeed pretty successful.

I in no way want to declare war and die on the hill, so I'm not going to look up stats before and after, but we all hate DAT because we remember post-concussion DAT. Pre-concussion DAT was a different player.

Carry on.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.