Old 04-07-2020, 03:11 PM   #219
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I would slot them as:

Jeudy

Ruggs, Lamb, Jefferson

Mims, Higgins, Aiyuk

I'm not nearly that high on Hamler and don't think the Chiefs need another WR like that. They need a more physical receiver like Mims or Jefferson or Shenault or Aigyuk to replace Watkins. Hardman is a speed/slot guy, but doesn't have the physicality of Sammy.

It's way too early to compare this year's roster to last year's. Draft, end of FA will drastically change things.

It's not just about the draft. It's about what they will do with the cap space freed up by working out the final solution with Jones - either trading him or extending him will free up a lot of cap space.

They'll likely use that to address one of those problem spots you're talking about.

If Jones gets something like 5/$110m, with $25 million in signing bonus, his year 1 cap hit is likely going to be something like $6-7 million. That would free up basically $10 million clear of the cap needed for the draft pool. maybe some of that chips in towards a Mahomes extension. Or, maybe, that's used to bring back Breeland or sign Eli Apple and add a DE like Markus Golden who can help.

Aiyuk starts as a slot only so he might be the only guy who doesn't fit here in that tier as Reid wants his WR's to have versatility. It's true that Hamler is not big and won't grab contested catches. But I don't care about that since what he does do is better...separate and get open. When you have a Rodgers or in our case a Mahomes..give me the guy who just gets open and is a TD if they make the slightest mistake. Explosive playmakers..keep adding.

Jefferson does fit that go get it guy but I expect he will be gone.

Mims is fine somewhere but he just doesn't do what Hamler does. He would be fine to add if we waited till the late 2nd early 3rd but I also suspect that teams will overvalue him. He just doesn't have that wow factor to me.

BTW, Louis Riddick who is friends with Veach just ended the ESPN draft special by saying watch out for KJ Hamler. He's the guy that's going high that the mock drafters keep ignoring.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.