Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
I don't think of Higgins as comparable to those others. For me it is

Jeudy in his own tier

Then Lamb

Then Jefferson

After that Ruggs, KJ Hamler, Pittman, Shenault, Aiyuk all in a cluster

Then after that Mims and Higgins

Then you are looking at a Reagor, Mooney, etc

If we were to take a WR at the end of the 1st (assuming Jeudy, Lamb, and Jefferson gone) I would think about KJ Hamler.

Next year you move Hardman into Watkins spot (but play him as a vertical decoy) and wreck people with Hill, Hamler, Kelce and the running game.
I would slot them as:

Jeudy

Ruggs, Lamb, Jefferson

Mims, Higgins, Aiyuk

I'm not nearly that high on Hamler and don't think the Chiefs need another WR like that. They need a more physical receiver like Mims or Jefferson or Shenault or Aigyuk to replace Watkins. Hardman is a speed/slot guy, but doesn't have the physicality of Sammy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeF View Post
Chiefs need to draft well because we aren't any better than we were last year.

QB - still a beast
WRs - same
Oline - worse, Wisniewski to Remmers. Is Remmer going to be a swing OT or LG? I don't want Wylie to start at LG anymore. I think we got worse.
TEs - same (jones is a better receiver but can't run block, pass block is ok)
RBs - same

DL - worse, loss of Ogbah
LBs - worse, loss of Lee, Ragland
CBs - worse, loss of Fuller, Breeland
Safeties - same if Thornhill comes back from injury

A whole lot of "pending" worse for a super bowl team. We better have a damn good draft. We need players than can produce in their 1st year.
It's way too early to compare this year's roster to last year's. Draft, end of FA will drastically change things.

It's not just about the draft. It's about what they will do with the cap space freed up by working out the final solution with Jones - either trading him or extending him will free up a lot of cap space.

They'll likely use that to address one of those problem spots you're talking about.

If Jones gets something like 5/$110m, with $25 million in signing bonus, his year 1 cap hit is likely going to be something like $6-7 million. That would free up basically $10 million clear of the cap needed for the draft pool. maybe some of that chips in towards a Mahomes extension. Or, maybe, that's used to bring back Breeland or sign Eli Apple and add a DE like Markus Golden who can help.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.